[G4] Tiger's system requirements

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Tue Aug 14 00:29:16 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Just to clarify for anyone not quite certain of Tiger's requirements,
Apple's insistence upon a Mac with built-in Firewire is their odd way
of saying any Mac from the blue and white G3 tower and newer. I'm not
sure when iMacs got built-in Firewire (all slot loading versions?),
but they'll have the RAM capacity and DVD-ROM for it as well.

I've tried Jaguar on my old bondi blue iMac with 96 megs of RAM -
pretty painful. I remember Apple getting sued over that and having to
offer refunds to customers with iMacs who bought OS X.

Eric