[G4] Snapped USB port

Tyranny Bean tyrannydesign at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 11:37:55 PDT 2007

I've done a some searching and can't seem to find a FireWire to USB adapter.
A client of my wife was disconnecting a thumb drive from the back of the
computer (G4 D.A. 1.2Ghz) and snapped it out from the slot. Now we're left
with only 1 USB drive on the back and we've got the Keyboard hooked up
through that. My wife is a professional photographer and this is really
causing a problem with her downloading photos as most card readers require a
power source and USB hubs don't seem to work for that. I opened up the
machine and the ports appear to be soldered to the mother board. Any
suggestions of how I can fix this, or at least get around it?