[G4] Snapped USB port

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Fri Aug 17 14:59:41 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

You can get a 3-Port FireWire/4-Port USB 2.0 Combo Hub which will
connect to your USB or Firewire port and will allow you to connect
either USB 2.0 devices' or Firewire devices via either the USB or the
Firewire port.

It's available at
http://www.campustech.com/c/campust/GUH420.html?id=hSr8STWY&mv_pc=211
for $29.95.
On Aug 17, 2007, at 11:37 AM, Tyranny Bean wrote:

> I've done a some searching and can't seem to find a FireWire to USB
> adapter. A client of my wife was disconnecting a thumb drive from the
> back of the computer (G4 D.A. 1.2Ghz) and snapped it out from the
> slot. Now we're left with only 1 USB drive on the back and we've got
> the Keyboard hooked up through that. My wife is a professional
> photographer and this is really causing a problem with her downloading
> photos as most card readers require a power source and USB hubs don't
> seem to work for that. I opened up the machine and the ports appear to
> be soldered to the mother board. Any suggestions of how I can fix
> this, or at least get around it?

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC