[G4] Upgrading g4 to a larger internal bootable hard drive

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 16:48:38 PDT 2007

Charles,
   Jo was just using the serial number you, yourself, reported in your
original email.

   I wouldn't expect there to be much difference between the Hitachi
drive and the Hitachi/IBM drive.  Hitachi bought IBM's hard drive
division a couple years ago.

   An internal drive should be faster than an external firewire 400
drive.  Your computer (a Quicksilver 2002) was the first Mac that
could use internal hard drives larger than 128GB.  It also happens to
be the same model as the one I'm typing on right now.  :)  Mine's a
933MHz model, too, but I've got the RAM maxed out.

--
Rich