[G4] Trouble booting G4

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 30 12:13:05 PDT 2007

Petter
I don't remember the details but when my G4 was brand new I had a similar problem and the on line Apple help person ran me through the steps of resetting the nvram.  Below is a note from the Apple help site that gives a brief description.  More detailed info may be available.

Mac OS X 10.4 Help

"To continue booting, type 'mac-boot' and press return" message appears

If this message appears when you try to start up your computer, some of your computer's internal settings probably need to be reset. You may need to reset parameter RAM (PRAM) and non-volatile RAM (NVRAM.)
	▪ 	To reset PRAM, first shut down your computer. Turn the computer back on and immediately press and hold Command-Option-P-R until you hear the startup sound for the second time.
	▪ 	If resetting PRAM doesn't solve the problem, then reset NVRAM. When the "To continue booting ..." message appears, type "reset-nvram" and press Return. Then type "reset-all" and press Return.

If the computer restarts, you have successfully reset the NVRAM settings