[G4] Re: Trouble booting G4

Petter Adsen petter.adsen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:00:16 PDT 2007

Thanks, everybody, for all advice - it's much appreciated!

I tried resetting the NVRAM. The machine still dumps into Open Firmware, but
now I get a message saying "Default catch, Code = 300" - does anyone know
what this means?

Tomorrow I will order a new battery, but I'd like to see if there is some
way I can get this box up and running in the meantime. Sooner or later the
battery will need replacing anyway, but there are files on one of the disks
that I really, really need _right_now_, and I don't have another Mac with an
IDE controller :-/

Petter