[G4] Firewire issue

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 31 19:22:56 PDT 2007

Jim,

If the Apple store sees it on their machine then it is something with
your G4.

A quick an easy test is to create a new user account sign in to it
and plug in the ipod.
If it works you have a software issue.

You do not say if you are using any extra PCI cards sometimes there
is a conflict.

Whenever I uses my firewire ipod i have to plug into one of the
original ports not one on my PCI Firewire USB2.0 combo card.

If all else fails you can try a clean install of the OS or if you
have an extra drive install an OS on that and boot from it.

Good Luck

Brian
G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM