[G4] ready to go

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Fri Aug 31 14:58:31 PDT 2007

Hello Jim Kirk,

Yes, I am a trekkie. But to answer your question, if you are using
your Mac's built-in ATA and then you add your SATA drives, all of the
hard drives will be fine. Your LaCie will also be just fine - there
is no real limit to how many hard drives you can have hooked up,
assuming there's space, a data cable and power available to it. With
Firewire and USB, you could have over 120 hard drives externally,
which of course you probably won't be doing. I do wonder how many
drives in total you'll have inside your Mac once you've added those
SATA drives. I'd recommend removing the old drive completely and just
using the new, huge ones. Your Mac's power supply can only give so
much, after all, and in my experience, Apple's power supplies don't
go very high in wattage.

Plug 'n play 'n enjoy! You have a terabyte to fill up!

Eric