[G4] ready to go

O'Brien obgraph at hiwaay.net
Fri Aug 31 15:48:13 PDT 2007

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:41:16 -0500 (CDT), thekirkline1941 at verizon.net wrote:
> Thank you all for your help on getting the info on my G4. I have
> purchased a Sonnet Tempo 2-port serial ATA card and two 500 GB
> Seagate hard drives. I believe I am capable of inserting the card
> and connecting the two drives....

A couple of tips:

=Be sure you've drained any static electricity from yourself. Touching metal plumbing should do it.
=Don't wear rubber-soled shoes. If you have carpet on the floor, don't pick up your feet when walking.
=Handle the card carefully by the edges and the metal mounting plate on the back end.
=When inserting the card, carefully rock it snugly into place by applying pressure with your thumbs at each end of the top edge, alternating pushing straight down first the front end then the back end, etc, until it's all the way in.
=To insert the ribbon cable into the port of the card, you might need to rock into place. It's easier than trying to push straight in.

It's easy.

O'Brien