[G4] Overheating G4

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Fri Aug 31 20:02:51 PDT 2007

Hello Steve,

I agree that the computer should be left off, though the next best
step is to let an Apple certified technician have a look at it. If
there isn't a store very near, you could call Apple and they'll
arrange for you to send it in to them. I expect the problem's not
very serious - might be as simple as cleaning dust out of the fans.
Another possibility is that it's somehow forgotten how to keep itself
cool, and resetting pram and nvram will solve the problem. I recall
we just had some emails on the list about doing just that. The steps
are likely identical for that laptop as they'd be for any G4 desktop
system.

Best of luck with it.

Eric