[G4] Monitor for Mac Pro

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 21:50:56 PST 2007

Dan,

A number of friends of mine are waiting for the next generation of Mac Pros
to present themselves. We are all hoping that something is offered this
coming January at this show where Steve Jobs is to be the keynote speaker.

We are all also hoping for a new generation of Apple Cinema Display screens.

Recently my seven year old 19 inch LaCie Electron Blue died. It was a
wonderful monitor. Now I am looking for something to replace it. However I
don't have the big bucks that I once did. So I am looking for a more modest
alternative. After doing a lot of looking around I seem to be coming back to
the Viewsonic Graphics series. Also their pro line looks good too.

It has been my belief that Viewsonic have a tight control over the
manufacture of their machines. In the past I have found them very reliable.
Their graphic series offer stands that are quite flexible and easy to
adjust. I like being able to flip my monitors around when I am showing
something to people.

I also like the Dell UltraSharp line of monitors. These models would fall
under the mid priced range, whereas Eizo monitors are into the upper strata
of quality as well as price.

Also size plays a roll in my choices. 20 inches seems cool, but larger is
better. These days I am looking for a monitor 22 to 24 inches in size for
under $600.00. Hopefully I'll get lucky and find something in the new year.

At the moment I am using a 13 year old 17 inch Apple CRT that still works
pretty well.

Good luck in your search.

Bill