[G4] Monitor for Mac Pro

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 03:47:52 PST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 12:50 AM, Skygram <skygram at gmail.com> wrote:

> Recently my seven year old 19 inch LaCie Electron Blue died. It was a
> wonderful monitor.

I had one of those monitors at my last job.  I think it had some
issue, but I don't remember what, and it was a minor issue, and the
result of the monitor already being a few years old when it came onto
my desk.  I think my last CRT was a refurbished and debadged Sun 20"
monitor with a Sony Trinitron tube.  The first good monitor I bought
was a 13" or 14" Mitsubishi DiamondScan in '87 or '88, when multiscan
monitors were a little rare.  It was a great monitor, but that was a
long time ago, and may not have any bearing on their current
offerings.  I also had an Optiquest/Viewsonic 17" CRT that I really
liked.  The monitor I've been using for the last couple years at home
is a Samsung 213T 20" (or maybe it's 21") LCD.  I really love this
monitor and would like to buy another Samsung next time I need a
monitor.  This one has a 4:3 aspect ratio.  The world is moving on to
16:9 and 16:10 monitors, so you might be able to find some real good
deals on this model.  My next monitor will probably be one of those
widescreen ones.  I'll be looking at 24" monitors because those are
the smallest widescreen LCDs that won't make me step down from the
1200 pixel vertical resolution that I'm used to.  My current monitor
is 1600x1200; 24" widescreen LCDs are almost all 1920x1200 (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WUXGA).

--
Rich