[G4] Sawtooth sudden power failure!

Larry Parsons hi8vidcam at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 09:13:54 PST 2007

I,m having a similar problem, recently, with a DP450 gigabit ethernet machine. It shuts down for no apparent reason but it will not power up unless I let it set for an hour or so.  I'm thinking it may be heat related.

A couple of years ago I replaced the power supply because the machine would not power up, this was the advice of some members of this forum, but further investigation proved it to be the power button (switch) that was malfunctioning.  This was a whole lot cheaper and easier fix than the power supply.

I'll be watching the responses you get on this, seeing as how we have similar problems and our
machines are close to the same age.> To: g4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com> From: wifido at wanadoo.es> Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 12:19:05 +0100> Subject: [G4] Sawtooth sudden power failure!> > Has anyone experienced this phenomenon, there is no apparent reason > and I can restart immediately. I'm on a UPS so there is no general PF > and the screen has power from the G4 the whole time. The machine just > switches off, no shut down, no warnig, just zapp!> > > _______________________________________________> G4 mailing list> G4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com> http://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/mailman/listinfo/g4