[G4] Sawtooth sudden power failure!

Shawn Noel shawnoel at insightbb.com
Wed Dec 5 06:52:35 PST 2007

Hey Jon! I'll tell you what I would have done had I known Leopard was
going to be such a pain to install. I would have taken the opportunity
to buy a new hard drive and make it the master drive. Then, use my
original as the slave drive. After installing Leopard onto the new
drive, I then would have the option of using migration
assistant(utilities[awesome]) to  copy everything from the old
drive(slave) to the new drive(master). That's what I would do if I
were someone wanting to upgrade my G4 to Leopard. You can never have
too many hard drives anyhow. I did back-up my drive which is why I
didn't worry too much when I had to wipe the drive clean. I've read
that it's a formatting issue with older machines. Thanks for the tips
Jon. Happy Holidays!