[G4] booting options with failed hard drive?

jonseward at mindspring.com jonseward at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 5 04:41:21 PST 2007

Carbon Copy Cloner.  Make sure that all files, including the invisible ones
are cloned.

I don't see the point of putting the cloned install disc on your primary
drive.  It's more likely that the drive will fail
than the partition.

Have you thought of installing a second, internal hard drive?  There's
plenty of room.  If the drive is cable selected,
then a if your primary drive fails you will automatically default to start
off of your secondary, w/o needing the
keyboard command.

Similarly, you can boot from your install disc in your optical drive.

HTH,

Jon