[G4] Annual reloading?

jonny g4 at salemoregon.com
Thu Dec 13 14:19:34 PST 2007

>On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:47:20 -0600, Peter Birren wrote:
>>  When running OS7 to 9, I had an annual routine of rebuilding the
>  > OS, usually with a clean install....

My file maintenance procedure, for either OS 9 or OSX has been to run
DiskWarrior prior to doing a backup...unless there was an immediate
problem, which was seldom.

In OSX it takes about 7 minutes to boot from the CD.  In OS 9
(another version of diskwarrior), it works super-quick.

The reason I boot from the CD is so I can run it on both hard drives
(OSX & 9.2.2) in the same session.

Happy Holidays!

jonny