[G4] G4 Powermac still wont startup

Ashton Lawrence biffy_clyro at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 3 11:16:39 PST 2007

Okay to confirm, i have started a discussion on this before and didn't answer a lot of questions so i will clarify everything now and hope someone can give me a cheap easy way to solve this problem.

Right this is the Mac i bought second hand from Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&item=150023013191&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Pretty much no question about it, I got scammed.  All information on the ebay article is true, except the statement about the Mac working.
YEs it does start up, but it doesn't get any further.  I reach the screen where there's nothing but a flashing question mark.
I've tried to find some help on apples site, but still can't get it working.

As the Ebay article says, the specs are:
- G4 - 450MHz- 40GB Hard Drive- 256MB Ram- DVD

One of the quesiton i recieved last time was "is the hard drive actually present".  I can confirm it is.  I'm guessing the issues surrounds the question "Is an OS installed?"
Is there any way i can check this?

I read on apples site that holding down the option(?) key loads up a screen where you can choose the start up volume or something.  I did this but see only circular arrow thing and left arrow.  The left arrow does nothing and clicking the circular arrow thing leads to the comupter displaying a load sign instead of mouse pointer then just doing nothing.

Any ideas?

P.S. i bought seperately a G4 keyboard and mouse so that is not the issue.

PPS. Does anyone have a spare OS9 start up / recovery disk or could they make me a copy of or just...i don't know lend or give me ANY kinds of disk that will make this damned Mac work.  I only bought it as a secondary computer for music recording with a Digi 001 interfeace damnit!