[G4] G4 Powermac still wont startup

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 14:44:42 PST 2007

Ashton,

"Pretty much no question about it, I got scammed."

I disagree, I notice the auction makes NO reference to
an operating system. I do get peaved when people
confuse hardware and software. Did you expect it to
work without an OS? Did you plan on buying one? If you
want to use the G4 with a Digi 001 interface, what Pro
Tools s/w were you planning on using? Do you know what
OS is supported by that s/w and h/w? It's not
straightforward - you have to do some research. Check
out the Digidesign website then get hold of the latest
OS installer that is supported.

If you want plug-and-play then lay down the cash for a
modern turnkey system, otherwise you have to educate
yourself, then you can "do it the cheap" :-)

John