[G4] Need for Partitioning for OS9

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 10 19:23:42 PST 2007

Margaret:

There is no need to install OS9 twice.

You can put OS 9 on your OSX partition if you use it for Classic only.
I believe it is un-bootable in this state and will only boot to OSX.
If I am wrong then correct me.

Or you can make a separate partion (arround 5 gig or more) to use as
Classic and be bootable into OS9 directly.

I find the partition scenario the best because if ever you need replace
your OS9 you can do so without effecting OSX.  But then I rarely use
OS9 - only a couple of old games I play, like MOO 2 or Quake 4.  Both
have OSX patches that are hard to make work.

Hope this helps.

jj

On 10-Feb-07, at 10:14 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com