[G4] Router trouble

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 11 17:06:45 PST 2007

After getting to the router setup page
192.168.1.1

click on the status icon and make sure you are connected to the
internet.

Depending on the type of modem and your ISP set up.

you may need to configure the router as a passive device that uses
the modems ability to log in to thew ISP or as an active device that
you use to make and maintain the connection.

In my case all the login info is stored in the modem so the Router is
a simple passive DHCP device.

Your ISP should have support for this. Mine setup instructions for
most major router manufacturers.

GL

Brian