[G4] Hard drive dropping off line

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Tue Feb 20 12:15:24 PST 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

I have read, but I can't find the reference right now, that some of the
External Firewire cases, have a chip that is defective, and/or not
compatible with Apple standards, for converting an ATA/IDE drive output
to the "Firewire Interface."

Perhaps someone can find the posting. I think that it has something to
do with a chip from Oxford.

On Feb 16, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Robert Buhrman wrote:

> Hi guys
> I have a 1.25 gig mirror g4 with 3 external hard drives on my firewire
> ports.
> Sometimes they just drop off and i get that warning that they were not
> unmounted correctly. I have tried reformatting , no fix. Does anybody
> know what's up? I use 10.3.9.
> Thanks
> Robert

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC