[G4] "Skipping" video

Ron 'Hollywood' Parro ronparro at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 22 03:32:23 PST 2007

I have recently installed Google Video and whatever else I thought I
needed to see the myriad of video formats out there. Every time I try
to see a different video it seems like it has a different format that I
don't have or MAC doesn't support.

	Anyway, my current issue is with Google and YouTube. Each of these
formats have taken to 'skipping' throughout the video. I don't care
about the video skipping but the audio skipping drives me nutz and
makes the thing not viewable.

	I am running a 550 Mhz, PB G4 with OS X 10.3.9. I have a DSL
connection with a wireless router. This skipping thing has just started
recently. I have tried pausing the playback till the entire file is
downloaded. I even downloaded the Google files and tried to play them
from my HD. Same thing.

	What am I missing? I hope Net Neutrality is not being violated in
petto.

Ron 'Hollywood' Parro ;>{)
http://www.greality.com/Hollywood/
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is
the source of all true art and science."
     — Albert Einstein