[G4] Fire port inside sawtooth?

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Thu Feb 22 13:15:54 PST 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

I could be wrong, but as far as I know there isn't any "TRUE" firewire
hard drives. The hard drives that you can purchase are all enclosed in
an external case and the "HardDrive" that is inside could be an "ATA"
or "SATA" drive.

So as to your question about an internal firewire drive, unless you can
find a "ATA" or "SATA" interface converter that will plug into the
drive you won't be able to mount a "Firewire" drive in you platform.

On Feb 22, 2007, at 10:36 AM, Mark Laurint wrote:

> What is the firewire port for that's inside my G4 400 Sawtooth case?
> It there a way to install a firewire drive inside, or is there even a
> internal Firewire drive?
>
> Mark Laurint

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC