[G4] PeeCee for sale 275.00 or 180.00 with 256Meg ram

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:23:40 PST 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 3:12 PM, chip puller wrote:

> I have a peecee 1.0 gigahertz Pentium 3 with 1 gig of Ram, 40 gig
> HD. Windows 2000 Pro , Ms Office and a bunch of other programs on
> the drive with licenses. I am lucky if I can get 200.00 for the
> entire computer.

Very lucky indeed. Machines like these are $50-100 at retail here in
Silicon Valley. The gig of RAM and licenses might (and I stress might)
bump you up a little over that, but $200 generally gets you a used P4
of some type in a retail store.

> If I take the 512 meg dimm and sell that for 75.00

E-bay is the only place I can think of where you'd find someone dumb
enough to pay $75 for a used (persumably  PC100) dimm. I paid $25 for
one at the local charitable computer recycling center a few weeks ago.
You can easily find them new for under $50 online, and for even less
with a rebate.

> and one 256 meg dimm and sell that for 20.00 then I should be able
> to get 180.00 for the computer with 256 meg of ram. Sorry to say
> selling the internal parts are worth more then the entire computer.
> The removed parts may sell for 95.00 plus 180.00 for the computer
> equal 275.00  Gosh what are my options ?

Yes, just like cars, the parts a usually worth more than the whole.

Phil