[G4] How do I figure out which firmware update I need??

marla mitchnick mitchnickpictures at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 10:33:25 PST 2007

Hi there List-Pals,

I have an old G4 dual processor power mac, 450 each
processor. my mom gave it to me a while back when she
got a newer one,  and I do not know the actual model
name, though I do have the serial number.

I found a chart online about firmware updates, but I
think it only has newer models, though I'm not certain
(they use the code names and I don't know mine).

I currently have OSX 10.2.8, and I have a disk to
install Tiger. The instructions said to update my
firmware before installing.

Anyone out there have useful factoids on this???

Thanks!

Marla