[G4] G4 Model M5183

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 6 15:38:19 PST 2007

On 06-01-2007 22:30, JRHeald, jrheald at wans.net, wrote:

I have a Power Mac G4 model no. M5183, serial no.XB12308DKL1, that I thought
was a "D/A" model since it has a 733 MHz processor.  When I search for model
numbers in MacTracker, the model number says it's the AGP Graphics model
(max processor speed of 500MHz) or a G3 Blue and White (max processor speed
of 400MHz).  The labeling on the back of the Mac appears to be original, so
what exactly do I have?  I'm confused and would appreciate some
clarification.  Thanks for the help.

John

John,

Searching your Serial Number I found the following:

Serial number: XB12308DKL1
Name: Power Macintosh G4 (Digital Audio)
Model: M7681 PowerMac G4 733MHz
Bus speed: 133MHz
Factory: XB (ElkGrove/Sacramento, California)

Model introduced: 2001
Production year: 2001
Production week: 23 (June)
Production number: 285 (within this week)

HTH,

Jo Hissel