[G4] Large Hard Drive Install

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 21:28:56 PST 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 8:58 PM, nagable at comcast.net wrote:

> You may need to make two partitions--I think 120GB is max on the
> older G4s.

Using the built-in controller you can only address from 0 to 128 GiB
(137 GB) of the drive, partitioning won't get around this limit. The
driver Bill mentioned will, but it has it own limitations - see it's
READ ME for details.

As S. said the problem might be the drive size jumper, but no
manufacturer I know of ships their drives with this set so I doubt
that this is the problem.

Phil
--
"The tragedy of our day is the climate of fear in which we live and
fear breeds repression. Too often, sinister threats to the Bill of