[G4] Networking

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Thu Jan 11 10:52:12 PST 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

I agree with Brian hole-heartedly, that is unless you just want to go
through the pain and agony that setting your network up like you have
proposed.

The other beauty of the router is that you  don't need to have all of
you platforms on for any of the others to have access to the WEB.

On Jan 11, 2007, at 10:16 AM, B G wrote:

> I assume you want to do this within your home and not from an outside
> IP.
>
> The easy solution it to buy a DSL/Cable Router (with or without
> wireless) your choice.
>
> Available almost everywhere these day and priced from $20 - 50 US
>

> Brian
>
> iBook G4 1.33 GHz 1.25 GB RAM
>
> On Jan 11, 2007, at 9:58 AM, Bobby Wade wrote:
>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> I finally made my circa 1999 G4 Mac part of my
>> high-speed internet connection and now I want to try
>> to push a bit forward. My new goal is to allow my
>> computers within my living space talk or be able to
>> listen to each other so I can access printing
>> privileges
>>
>> This is the situation:
>>
>> I use DSL so I believe I have dynamic IP address. In
>> order for my computers to have and sort of
>> conversation, I need to tell the main computer--the
>> one connected the DSL--to keep a static IP address.
>> If I successfully accomplish this feat, I must assign
>> or reassign the two remaining computers to static
>> address.
>>
>> The computers involved include a G4 playing the
>> greatest hits of OS 9--I am working on updating; a G3
>> starring in the lead role as host of the DSL
>> connection and the G4 Ibook who often does all the
>> research for the trios next hit.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC