[G4] Freeze after Sleep

Bill Boy billmartinboy at mac.com
Thu Jan 11 22:22:32 PST 2007

On Thursday, January 11, 2007, at 11:10AM, "Warren Caterson" <wwcaterson at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a G4 Mirror that runs fine but freezes after it sleeps. I keep it on
>all the time now (with screen saver) but would like to use the energy saving
>feature. Any suggestions?

I have found that most peripherals, hubs, PCI cards are not sleep compatible, in fact on my older 867 sleep would not work with anything plugged into
the computer but an Apple mouse and keyboard and a power cord. Set harddrives to turnoff when possible, monitor to shutdown after an hour or so and learn to live with it. I never let my PowerMac G5 sleep, but my Macbook Pro seems to do okay with sleep.
Now if I can figure out why my 	G4 867 won't startup I would be a happy camper but I will post that question after I get moved.

Sleep was made for us not G4's
good luck.

Bill