[G4] G4's specs , and upgrading lower end vs purchasing intermediate end.

s. yaz symlkrborn at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 09:38:40 PST 2007

Hi List members!

My wife has a Mac desktop G4 450 MHZ.

G4
450 mhz desktop has ID# 003065401374 and serial number # XB00625HHGSF;
the label on the back which further  defines it as 128 mb SDram; 1 M
cache, 20 GB HD, DVD ROM an ZIP, and ethernet, 56 K Modem.. Yet a
partial system profiler check indicated something else...
We run it
with two sytems:  OS9 and OSX 10.3.9.  I couldnt get system profiler
running for more info with OSX 10.3.9.  But OS 9's system profiler
revealed we have 526 meg ram and (possibly) 30gig HD.

Where does this model  fall in the highly complicated range of early G4 s?

Is
it worth upgrading it  or buy instead another used G4  with higher CPU
speed and bus speed?  Which ones r noisy---"wind tunnels" to avoid in
G4 famil

hnx in advance!

It's here! Your new message!