[G4] Speedy mouse... too speedy.

jim carbone dictator at rebargraphics.com
Mon Jan 15 05:32:53 PST 2007

Hi,

I just got a Bluetooth Macally optical mouse for my G4 (Dual 1.25
MDD, running 10.4.8) and I'm having a problem slowing this bad boy down.

I've used the Mouse/Keyboard Preference panel--the absolute slowest
setting it offers is a dead crawl, but one notch higher jets the
cursor around the screens far too quickly--I can't go anywhere in
between. I've tried different mouse pads, but the ones that work for
my old wired optical mouse don't offer any change for this one.

Are there any other ways to tweak this?

Thanks,
--jim