[G4] Re: Super Duper Cloning software/Stuck

Slip Kid G-2 at att.net
Wed Jan 17 08:25:28 PST 2007

> Message: 7

[snip]

I'm up-mixed...
Can she not do a clean install on a new disc [Period]?
Then...
Boot to the new disc/OS and get 'what she needs' from the 'failing disc'?

> So I like the suggestion to fit a new drive, install
> OS 9 (you have to update from 9), and update your
> firmware with your "new" system. You should then be in
> good shape to install Tiger on the new drive.

I 'had' 10.3.9 and skipped the above...

===

Why not "hook up new disc"
then _do a clean install of Tiger on new disc_

(then go back and grab any data from old disc)

> Boot from the Tiger Install disk and install on the
> new drive. During this process Tiger will offer to
> import your applications and settings automatically. I
> haven't used this myself, but I remember the option.

...even with my 'old OS' and apps on 'another (old) disc'?
When I did a clean install of Tiger (on a new disc) I had access to all
the data and was able execute the apps on the 'old disc'.

I'd put 'everything' behind me (Well, I did start clean w/ a disc and a
new OS)...
Then I went to the old disc (after booting to the new OS/disc) and
'grabbed' what I needed from the old disc.

[I did 'clone'...found it not necessary & the above is was a 'shortcut'
with a seemingly good result...IE: New disc, new OS and I salvaged apps
& data from old disc....]

Um, she 'can't do' that, eh?

Michael