[G4] stuck and need to upgrade-resend, last got sent back-WOW!

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Wed Jan 17 16:03:24 PST 2007

Marla wrote:

> And do you recommend seagates or hitachis?

Several years ago, IBM had a run of bad drives (google for "IBM
deathstar" for more info) that resulted in a class-action suit.  Not
long after that, they sold their drive business to Hitachi.  I haven't
heard of any problems with Hitachi drives since then, but I'm keeping an
eye on them.  :)

Seagate has a stellar reputation going back many, many years.  When most
other drive manufacturers shortened their warranties from 3 years to 1
year a couple years ago, Seagate kept their 3 year warranty.  I'm
impressed with Seagate and consider them #1 among the drive manufacturers.

--
Rich