[G4] setting up old Hp serial port printer

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Fri Jan 19 18:48:09 PST 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Go to your "Finder" screen, the default screen when you click on the
desktop and select "Mac Help" from the Finder menu bar "Help". When
help opens type in printer and you should receive at least 50 helpful
hints about installing and creating a new printer.

On Jan 19, 2007, at 4:15 PM, c m wrote:

> I have an Old HP deskjet 610CL which I want to use
> with my G4 if possible. I am using a usb/parallel port
> cable and I download a driver from versiontracker for
> it. my problem is i don't know where to go from
> here....the printer utilities doesn't bring up this
> printer..and the latest drivers from HP is for OS X
> 9.0
>
> I have OS X 9 and OS X 10.4.8 on my computer...can i
> make this printer work, if so how???

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC