[G4] setting up old Hp serial port printer

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 19 19:44:03 PST 2007

That printer is pretty old so you will probably only to able to print
from classic applications.

Have you tried booting up using OS 9 and installing the drivers.

You will also need the drivers for your USB/Parallel converter.

After install you have to go to the Apple menu and launch the chooser.

If you get it working try rebooting into OS X and using the printer
setup in system preference it might find it. But I am not to hopeful.

You can et an OS X compatible USB printer that is equal to or better
quality of the HP 610 for around $40-50 I would reccomend doing that.

Brian