[G4] DVR problem

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 20 12:52:31 PST 2007

I think this calls for some old fashioned OS 9 trouble shooting which I haven't done for years.  However, the first thing I would try is turning off all 3rd party extensions in the extension manager and see what happens.  I had a slightly different problem with a new drive and OS 9 in that if there wasn't a disk in the drive the door would open randomly all on its own.  This was cured by using a different driver for the CDR.

As mentioned the drive should work so there probably is a extension conflict or a corrupted driver involved.  If you have an OS X install disk, use the brute force method you mentioned and get your system upgraded and that also should solve this problem.

Good luck,

S. Kennedy