[G4] Router problem?

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Sun Jan 21 19:56:56 PST 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Paste the following TCP/IP address into your Browser address pane and
you should be taken to your router.

http://192.168.2.1/

Well at least that is the address of my "Belkin" router, and it is the
address that a lot of manufactures assigned to their SOHO routers.

Once you are there you will be able to locate the reset buttons that
are associated with your router. If the address doesn't work then
you'll need to locate the documentation that came with your router or
contact the manufacture for the information. Some manufactures' s have
place the information on-line and you can down-load it from their Tech.
Support Help page.

On Jan 21, 2007, at 6:59 PM, Carol wrote:

> B G wrote:
>> Carol,
>> Since you have internet access when connected to the modem directly,
>> it is definitely the router.
>> Yes the WAN lights should be on always when the modem is connected.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by a soft reset/reboot and a reset to
> factory defaults.
>
> I unplugged everything. I pressed the recessed reset button on the
> back of the router. Then I reconnected all but the computer.  When I
> plugged in the power cord to the back of the router, three lights went
> on: Diag - red, DMZ - green and power - green.  Then all the lights
> went on briefly, then all went out except for the power light.
>
> Should the WAN lights be on at this point, since it is connected to
> the DSL modem?  This is with no connection to a computer.
>
> If the answer is yes,  I guess I need a new router.
>
> I don't know what you mean by browser based setup or how I would check.
> Carol
>> The first thing to do is reset the router.
>> Try a soft reset/ reboot first. If that doesn't work try a reset to
>> factory defaults.
>> I assume this router has browser based setup. Have you gone in and
>> checked the setting?
>> Good luck
>> Brian

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC