[G4] Lost files

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Wed Jan 24 11:29:59 PST 2007

At 14:03 -0500 1/24/07, Technophobic_Tom at comcast.net wrote:
>MMD w/Tiger. I double clicked on a folder within the Documents folder and all the files within that folder disappeared. What happened? How do I get them back? I ran disk and permission repairs...nada.

I notice you were playing around with Column View earlier.

Pull down the View menu and see what's there.  Column view might have every column turned off. Icon views might have positioned all of the icons off the viewable area of the window. The rightmost dot, sometimes green,  to "zoom" the window might help. Are scroll bars present?

The real test is in Terminal.app where you can use the ls command. That has nothing to do with Finder or views.

cd $HOME/Documents/[append name of the folder within the Documents folder]
ls

--
-->  The greenhouse effect due to water vapor has never been fully modeled and weather forecasting remains irreducibly complex. It is clear that global warming is the act of an Intelligent Designer. <--