[G4] Re: router problem

les s indee77 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 24 11:06:27 PST 2007

> The router I have is an EtherFast Cable/DSL Firewall Router 4-port
> Switch /VPN Endpoint.
>
> Does anyone have one hooked to DSL?  Should the Wan lights be on when
> the computers are off? when the computers  on?

Hi all,
I too am having immense problems connecting my router. I have 2 G4s, a
Linksys BEFSR41 DSL wired router and a Westell 6100 DSL modem from
Verizon. I have followed all the procedure on Verizon's help page ie.
changing to bridge mode, Private Lan off etc. as well as seeking advice
from various forums. All to no avail. All lights are on, the router
tries to connect but eventually gives an error message " connection
failed". I have been at this for weeks (really!) and am truly at my
wit's end. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Les