[G4] Combo drive recomendations?

Les Berkley wogears at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 12:29:11 PDT 2007

It's not the number of viewings, it's the number of changes. Five is the
max, then the last change becomes permanent.

> One program that I have used to move DVD movies to my iPod is
> MacTheRipper. It can remove region settings during the ripping
> process and you wind up with a region free movie that you can play on
> anything. Another program I downloaded, but haven't used yet, is
> Handbrake. It comes in two versions, so you have to decide how you
> want to use it.

There are hacks and programs to get around the region limitations. Since I
travel a lot, I make sure I have taken care of this problem and can play my
LEGALLY PURCHASED DVDs. My desktop with the big monitor is a Windoze box, so
I can't recommend specific software. I'm sure if you Google "dvd region mac"
the answer will be swift!

Les