[G4] Question about Firewire enclosure / hard drive

Perry Mitchell perry.mitchell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:59:24 PDT 2007

I remember reading a review between otherwise identical drives that were
PATA and SATA. There was no detectable difference in speed!

Your new drive will be heaps faster than your existing drive simply because
it is newer and things move on!

Incidentally - to get the best price for drives you buy them in a so called
OEM package. This comes with zero support! You don't even get the screws -
not a problem for you folks over the pond but a difficulty here in 'metric'
land! Drives usually come with a sticker on the case telling you how the
jumpers go to give you 'slave' etc. They will also need formatting for the
Mac.

Perry