[G4] Who needed help loading OS 9 on his MDD?

Bruce Ryan Nakamura galilao at lava.net
Sat Jun 16 13:39:22 PDT 2007

Hello,

Somebody from England on this list, wanted help loading OS 9 on his MDD.  I
no longer have the original message, so if he will contact me, I might be
able to help.  As I recall he had Tiger on his MDD.

Since I also own a MDD, I can verify that the retail edition of OS 9.2.1
cannot be installed without wiping out the OS X on it and vice-versa.  It is
necessary to have the System Restore CDs or DVDs that were packed with the
MDD from the factory.  The exception might be, and I haven't tried it, is to
partition the hard drive and put OS X and the retail 9.2.1 on separate
partitions.

Cordially,

Bruce Ryan Nakamura