[G4] Who needed help loading OS 9 on his MDD?

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sat Jun 16 14:04:46 PDT 2007

On 16 Jun, 2007, at 1:39 PM, Bruce Ryan Nakamura wrote:

> Since I also own a MDD, I can verify that the retail edition of OS
> 9.2.1
> cannot be installed without wiping out the OS X on it and vice-versa.

Have you tried doing a "Clean Install"?

It seems strange that you cannot select the option for a "Clean
Install" of OS-9.2.1 during the first phase of the installation
procedure. You should boot to the install CD and select the option
for that. I have used this technique many times to install OS-9.x as
the Classic environment on everything from a Bondi iMac to G4 eMacs
and towers.