[G4] Tiger and upgrades

Perry Mitchell perry.mitchell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 06:57:54 PDT 2007

I've successfully upgraded my DP450 G4 to DP1.2GHz G4 via a PowerLogix
processor kit. I've also got a later Video card. It's all working fine on OS
10.3.9

My question is whether I can now install Tiger? The OWC site (who sell
PowerLogix) clearly say compatible with OS 10.4 but the Apple site clearly
says that OS X is not compatible with processor upgrades!
Before I lay out the UKP89 (that's about $180!) for the retail version of
Tiger, I wanted some reassurance from somebody that it would really work?

I have access to an OEM version of Tiger sold with a G5 that I was hoping to
use to test the system, but it won't load on the G4.

Perry