[G4] Re: Classic or Native

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 18 03:14:57 PDT 2007

Ronald Steinke wrote:
> On 17 Jun, 2007, at 10:11 AM, Al Poulin wrote:
>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Al Poulin
>
> Your explanation of the terms is much appreciated. The information I
> read from the Apple site is often laden with terms that can have more
> than one meaning and Apple does not normally tell which definition is
> the correct one. Sometimes, I wish the english language was not so
> convoluted.
>
> Thanks, again.

Ronald, It's amazing so few errors actually creep into communication,
even when used by native speakers.
English is a rich language but it's structure is complex , and you have
to work carefully to not be mis-understood!
Words change meanings over the years, and as you point out, sometimes
have more than one meaning, making it even more difficult to communicate
well.
I think it helps when the two parties (reader and writer) stay polite,
and help each other with understanding text with ambiguous meanings...it
makes for a far more pleasant experience!

It also helps when the writer is aware of this difficulty, and makes his
or her writings as free of double meaning as possible.
Writing clearly is not a simple task, sad to say...

Best,

keith whaley