[G4] Re: English

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Mon Jun 18 13:54:43 PDT 2007

Our language seems to be shaped by a lack of education, actually. I see
so many errors online, and now they're present in almost everything I
read. Typically, they are confusion of things like your and you're, and
then there's the lesser-known confusion between it's and its. But these
are just two tiny examples of grammar skills disappearing, and everyone
getting confused by everyone else making such mistakes. Suddenly, there
are too few examples of proper English. It's a nightmare to me.

The language was far less convoluted before it was transformed from its
old Germanic roots to what it is now. I blame the Normans.

How long until "English for Dummies" becomes a textbook, I wonder?
Anyone seen the film "Idiocracy?"

Eric