[G4] Re: English

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Jun 19 03:15:38 PDT 2007

On 18 Jun, 2007, at 1:54 PM, Eric Wood wrote:

> The language was far less convoluted before it was transformed from
> its
> old Germanic roots to what it is now. I blame the Normans.

You shouldn't place blame on the Normans for the problems in English.
They all spoke French. At least, they did back then. All they did was
invade the darned place because of some poorly recorded agreement
between family branches. It was a terrifically confusing case of "He
said - I said" that never went to court.