[G4] Re: Classic or Native

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Jun 19 03:00:54 PDT 2007

On 18 Jun, 2007, at 3:14 AM, keith_w wrote:

> Writing clearly is not a simple task, sad to say...

Alas, much of my writing experience has been at the direction and
oversight of departmental heads. For that, I can write a dry,
factual, and concise record of events within my sight and hearing.

It is when I experience the writings of others who have not made
basic definitions readily available to the reader that I sometimes
have to interpret their statements with the knowledge of my
experiences. Working for the State of California does not always give
a person the proper tools to understand clearly terms that have not
included their own individual explanation.

Thus, when Apple makes a certain statement, I have to interpret it
within my knowledge/experience database and try to research some of
the terms by consulting with peers or advisors who are willing to
share their knowledge. I do not always get pertinent and factual
definitions from others and do depend on the added education provided
by this bulletin board and others that I follow.

When I am in the position of instructing a Macintosh novice, I always
ask whether or not he/she has clearly understood the lesson and ask
him/her to give me their own explanation of what has been learned so
far. I found that this sort of dialogue helps them as much as me to
be sure that they understand the procedures and mechanisms being
taught. If all sounds good, then I proceed to the next phase of
instruction.

Courtesy costs nothing and reaps many benefits.