[G4] Proper English and good writing [WAS: Re: Classic or Native]

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Tue Jun 19 03:33:27 PDT 2007

Interesting comments, Ronald.

I got interested in English and writing clearly in college, and that was
whetted by working in engineering departments here and there, doing a
stint in technical writing...all of which has made me more and more of a
pain in the butt when I read other's writings!
As the years go on, either people are getting more and more sloppy in
all aspects of their writing, or...I've crossed the line and become way
too critical in my reading.
I am continually asking (under my breath) what do you MEAN? Define your
terms, etc. Mumble, mumble...

The use of correct grammar has deteriorated drastically, seems to me.
Correct spelling is almost non-existent. Complete sentences are no
longer important.
Ah well, I didn't mean for this to become a rant, but... things aren't
getting better, are they. <g>

Thanks for a good message on the subject.

keith whaley