[G4] Lowendmac List Mom is Elsewhere

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Wed Jun 20 17:19:47 PDT 2007

Wow, some people do get upset about things. It would certainly be
unfair to remove someone permanently without warning. Thus far, I see
some people expressing a lot of dissatisfaction with the off-topic
material, and that's enough for me to drop it. In fact, I considered
the subject finished, anyway. Now, in the mean time, any one on this
list could very easily have brought some G4-related discussion to the
list. The language-related messages were not blocking any body from
doing that. Instead of boo-hooing about what others are doing, send
your complaint if you have one and move along.

I don't think it's any more relevant to start posting your own "me
too" messages that express your opinions of the character of those
who were discussing English (i.e. they just want to show off).

>> What I don't understand is why the listmom hasn't removed the
>> individuals from the list that insist on continuing this dialog.
>> And as
>> it says "once removed" your gone. The posters that insist on
>> continuing
>> this post also need to read the netiquette guidelines.
>>
>> 6.	Please keep "me too" messages off the list; these are best sent
>> privately, if at all.
>>
>> All most all of the posting under the Subject [G4] English? fall into
>> the "me too," I want to brag about myself and see if you can top
>> that.

No one has "insisted" on continuing an off-topic discussion. There
has been no request that people stop and a negative reply. For the
record, the entire world doesn't have to obey rules absolutely
strictly. People can govern themselves well enough to use an email
list fairly freely - it helps them get to know one another, after all.

Did you want to discuss G4s? Lead the way!

Eric